JIRA Agile for Project Management

Vizteck is an Agile company and we develop softwares according to client’s business value and priority. We don’t believe on contract negotiations we purely believe on client’s collaboration and feedback. We have transparent way of working so that we can inspect and adopt the change. Our Project Management is purely run by JIRA Agile. Our project management phases are divided into three sub phases:

Pre Development (Start of Project)

This phase is very important for us as we believe whole Project Quality is based on this, this phase focus on stories , wireframes , design related tasks. We make our Project Backlog in this phase. So, below are steps to give an overview how this phase works for us:

Let’s assume we have a new client and he has a web solution to be build, so iterative steps we do in this is phase are:

  • We divide the project in Epics and Themes depending upon the idea of project
  • Then we Discuss each epic with client and make wireframes
  • Here in discussion on epic we define Stories depending upon the wireframes and get them approved from Client
  • Development teams Decide and Define technical Details and Frameworks that are required

We repeat this process until we complete 40% of the project written in terms of Stories and is resting in Product Backlog. Remaining 60% of the story will be created during the project development. So to summarize, after this Phase we have top most priority item ready to go in development.

  • Complete System Epics Documented
  • 40% Wireframes ready to be designed
  • 40% Stories in backlog
  • Technology stack and development Frames works finalized
  • Everything is documented on Confluence

In Development

The team is given a chance to ask the questions. By asking these questions earlier, the product owner is given a chance to arrive at answers to any questions. Once DEVS are clear and they understood the story, then we estimate the Story and give story points to the Story.

Sprint Planning

After estimating, we have Sprint planning meeting,a meeting to prepare for the Sprint, typically divided into two parts (part one is “what” and part two is “how”). We document our sprint planning meeting on Confluence.

Project Backlog

At the end of sprint we pick tasks from Project Backlog and we have sprint backlog ready to start development.

Assigning Task

Then we start sprint and Devs can see stories for the sprint on Board and they assign a story to himself. We don’t have project manager to assign tasks, its responsibility of every dev to pick their story and start working on it.

Sprint Duration

Sprint is timeboxed for two weeks and at the end of sprint we have Sprint Review Meeting, Inspection and Adaption related to the product increment of functionality.

Client Negotiation and Deployment

We give demo to client and other stakeholders and once they approve it we deploy it to production. We believe on shippable release after every sprint. This is not just done , we also do Sprint Retrospective Meeting, a meeting for inspection and adaption related to the process and environment.

Daily Scrum

During every sprint we conduct a meeting daily for max 15 mins called Daily Scrum, for collaboration between the team, this is to know where other team member is and if he is stuck in something he can be helped.

Post Development

This is simple, in this phase when project is done and handed over to client and client is looking into it or project is on live environment, we provide support to the client and to be effective we move to Kanban for that. We have Kanban boards from JIRA Agile we use for this phase.