SugarCRM is one of the top customer relationship software to carry out the amazing, innovative and sales driven automated relationship with your clients or customers. It lets you enable all the force driven work in just easy steps.
It lessens the burden of overall effort and team management, as well as lead management. You may also like to check Essential tools to boost your team collaboration.
So, the customer will find relief and you don not have to worry about the managing sales, the invoices, the lead generation and personalize interaction.
I am about to guide you the creation and deployment of your very first SugarCRM Module.
Pre-requisites for Creating Your Own SugarCRM Module
Starting your very first SugarCRM module needs
- A web server (XAMPP as your local server).
- Go to http:// www.sugarcrm.com/download.
- Install SugarCRM (always prefer installing the community software download).
- Run Apache and mysql.
- Check localhost/sugar (sugar is actually the folder under htdoc/ directory.
Now, you are done with the pre-configuration.
Creating your First SugarCRM Module
After installing the configuration for your SugarCRM, fill the necessary details for creating your account on SugarCRM panel.
The necessary steps will be:
- Login to the SugarCRM Dashboard.
- You will get the Admin Area.
- In admin tab, under developer tool, click on ‘Module Builder’.
- Click “New Package” (this will be your package for your module)
- After filling the necessary fields in the form, click “Save”.
- Click on “Add Module ” button. Here you will have to add the module details that what is it all about, what are its features, and type of module do you want to build (it includes the type of module like basic, company, file issue, sales)
- Now, according to your requirement and need you can create dfields, layouts and other drag and drop type things to develop your module.
- This is how things will work and your module will be created by using the “Module Builder”. From the left panel, you can add your relevant fields in the layout. That is under the module (sub-directory).
Let’s Make One Simple Module
The steps for creating a module for adding the simple fields are:
- Create fields by filling out the necessary details by filling out form under the ‘Add Field’ response.
- Here is the list of fields that you can create in your custom module.
- Now go to Layout under your Module, and create the layout by drag and drop the fields that you have created.
- Under the Search directory you can further adjust the layout.
- After doing all the layout options and operations. At the left panel of the dashboard, where the directory is shown, click on the name of module that you have just created.
- By clicking the module, options will be displayed on the right side of the screen like:
- Click on the ‘Deploy’ button, and your module will be deployed.
- Once done, click on All tab and you will find your newly created module in the list of modules.
- In this module, I have just created fields under a form and deployed it. Now click on the Module and enjoy using your SugarCRM module.
- The created instances are saved under the View “xModule” (that is actually the name of your module).
Other Way of Doing It
This is the whole process of how to create, develop and deploy the SugarCRM module. You can also make the package of your required functionality.
- Wrap up its html, css, php file in a folder in a zip file.
- Click on new Module and just deploy it on the Admin area.
- Your Plugin/module is all set and you can use it.
This is the procedure about how you create and deploy your very first SugarCRM module/plugin using SugarStudio. We have the PHP developers with experience in SugarCRM. We are providing for the SugarCRM solutions, its customization, and all the service and maintenance for it. For any further query, work or suggestion, please let us know.