How to Make an Android App from Scratch?
Want to learn how to make an app from scratch? Vizteck is giving you a step-by-step detailed guide for it.
September 28, 2022
If you have opened this article, it is very much likely that you to stumble upon a lot of useful information by chance. Whatever your purpose is to build an android app, whether it is to enhance your business productivity or to give your business competitor strong competition, the process is not simple.
Android holds a strong and consistent market share globally which is expected to grow even further in the coming years. This has significantly increased the demand for android mobile apps in the market. It is the most commonly used and popular mobile operating system in the market in comparison to iOS. According to StatCounter statistics, the android operating system is used by almost 71.93% of the total world population whereas iOS is used by only 27.47%.
Typically, android mobile app development is done in six steps. Vizteck is here to provide you with the answers to “How to build an android app from scratch?”.
Planning is a part of any development process. If you have done complete research on a project while planning it, it gives your plan a secure edge. To ensure that secure outcome, detailed planning is a must in developing an app from scratch.
The Idea- Start by penning down the whole idea or concept of your app. To generate a logical development idea, it is critical to be unbiased during the planning process. You should consider the app’s concept, the expected solution it would add to its user’s life, and the challenges you could encounter during its development.
Wireframing is considered the blueprint or prototype of your Android mobile app. This step will help you structure your app from the start till the end including all its features and tools which are required for integration, specification, and app viability. To do so:
You will be creating a storyboard that will be creating and show the links between each screen and how your user will interact with your app.
This step aims to make you visualize how your ideas and features of the app will work along to provide you with the result you have expected. However, the advantage of wireframing is that it enables you to ensure that our android app development is going along with your company plan.
Read More About Wireframing: What Is WireFraming?
In this second stage of making an android app from scratch, our focus has now moved forward from the idea. However, we are still not going to start creating an app, rather we are going to broaden our area of focus by working on the business model, monetization, and project definition.
- Business model and monetization strategy- now is the time for you to start developing the business model of your android app. You are creating an app just because you want to make one is not a strong motivation to make your app stand out in the market. What is the reason for making this app? What are you going to achieve with it? The answer to these questions should be our motivation to build an android app. These answers will also help you plan the monetization strategy that you will be applying. The reason why we are having this strategy in this step is that they must be established before the app development and design stage.
- Project definition- here you must start documenting all the aspects of creating an android app. It includes noting down every bit of the work you have done including mock-ups, business models, monetization strategy, brand design, and the colors will be using. But don’t worry if you are not getting it all noted down in a detailed manner. It is ok to leave a few things for later because some minor changes can occur at the time of development.
This is the most crucial and time-taking stage of the android app development process. This stage is equally time-consuming for android apps as well as iOS. Vizteck believes that in the world of technology, you are expected to take big and sudden jumps. In this step, we provide you with options to find Android professionals that best suit your project needs of developing an android app.
- Development team- when you want to develop an android app but don't know how to make one, it is advised to take help from professionals who can provide you with their services. Vizteck is here to help you by providing a team who are specialized in Android mobile app development.
- App design- it is of crucial importance that you keep your app design in mind throughout the development process. It is expected from you to know how an Android operates if you want to develop a native app for this specific OS. It is because it affects material design animation, intelligence notification, and the like. Simply put, an Android app demands visual simplicity.
- Hiring a project manager- hiring a project manager for your Android app creation speeds up the overall process. This helps you to manage and look into other matters of the process. Vizteck provides you with the best project manager to manage your complete android app development process.
The sole purpose of this step in android app development is to ensure that your app is bug-free. It is required to get its prototype tested by people outside of your mobile app development team. Their honest opinion about the overall functioning and attractiveness from the user's point of view will help you to improve your app's UI and UX.
Once you are done with all the above steps, now your Android app is ready to launch. However, there are still a few things you need to consider before, ensuring that your app is reaching a wider potential audience. The first week of app launch is crucial in determining how successful an app will be.
- App Store Optimization (ASO)- ASO is an SEO for mobile applications which involves the positioning of an app in an app store. Keywords for an app play an important role in attaining good ASO for an Android app. It is advised for Android app developers to rely on ASO experts because if it is not utilized properly, your app won't get the desired number of downloads.
- Prepare a press kit- before you launch your app, you need to develop a press kit that should be delivered to the media. It must include the press release, promotional image of your app, and other related stuff to have a remarkable launch.
- Time to launch your app- uploading your app to app stores isn't very immediate. It takes several days to get approved and launched by the Google app store and others. Once it is launched, follow the plan you have made to launch your app.
From Where Should I Start Once I Have The Idea?
You can start by following our step-by-step guide for building an android app from scratch or else you can directly contact Vizteck through this platform and our team will reach out to you shortly via email.
How Long Does It Take To Develop And Launch An App?
Developing and launching a successful app varies from idea to idea and the obstacles that could come in between. However, an average of one month is expected to develop and launch an app.
Can I Make Changes To My App After It Is Launched?
Yes, it is possible to make changes at any stage of building an android app. Vizteck suggests you start with the most simple version of your app at first and slowly adapt it over time. This approach in mobile app development is known as a Minimum Viable Product.
Is It Required To Test The App Before Launching?
Yes, it is important to test your app before launching it even if it is working 100% when you last checked it. In either case, if some developer has made your app, you should do the cross-check too after he did.